As an LMP, doula and Dancing For Birth(TM) Instructor, I support holistic health and natural labor through movement, breathing, massage, acupressure, reflexology and mindfulness to honor your body and it's natural processes. You can have an embodied pregnancy as well as an easier, safer, swifter even ecstatic labor and birth experience. It's good to know what you want and the key is to have tools and resources to get you there. Surrounding yourself with those who align with your birth principles and your right to "feel safe, private and unobserved"* will usher you a healthy and fulfilling birth experience regardless of where or how you give birth. Women are natures chosen vessel and portal for new life. Pregnancy and childbirth are emotional and spiritual as much as physical. It is my extreme pleasure to support you through this process and witness your blossoming as you open your mind, heart and body to usher your child forth into life on the outside.
I also provide guidance based on my research, trainings and personal experiences with eating a nutrient dense diet, eating cultured foods, using herbs and essential oils for a healthy pregnancy and baby. I provide perinatal specialty spa services 'Mother Love Boon' (prenatal) and 'Welcome Home; A Mother Warming' (postnatal) which can include postpartum binding. You can read about them on my massage services page. I also provide support for Lotus birth care for the placenta.
*quoting Dr. Sarah Buckley MD - Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering
Exceptional wellness care through this period of life is essential! An ounce of prevention/preparation is most worth a pound of cure during this precious time.
Maternity massage & doula support have been shown to:
- ease pregnancy/motherhood strains/stresses, increasing health and happiness
- decrease mood disorders
- shorten labor & shift perception from scared to sacred!
- decrease likelihood of medical interventions and Cesarean section births and promote gentle Cesarean should the absolute need arise!
- increase VBAC success
- increase satisfaction with birth experience and motherhood
- increase confidence in parenting and "mother's intuition"
- higher breastfeeding rates
- fewer infant illnesses and more...
Being pregnant and giving birth are times in a woman's life she will always remember. This is also baby's first experience of life or baptism into our world. In pregnancy, as baby's brain cells are forming and gathering, maternal well-being affects the pathways formed. Reducing stress through pregnancy, protecting the birthing process and atmosphere has a positive effect on baby's developing nervous system. Having a constant knowledgeable person present throughout pregnancy and birth who is outside of the traditional friends and family circle is a blessing and a boon.
It is wise to have support and outlets for stress such as:
- Toning, relaxing & meditative routines like yoga and
Dancing For Birth(TM) classes
- Regular massage and doula support* for the childbearing year
*Massage Value Packages can be purchased and shared within a family unit.
Golden Key Birth Doula Services $1500 includes:
- Initial meet & greet
- 2 prenatal appointments (roughly 2 hrs. ea) naming your birth principles/priorities and making our plans to welcome your baby. Processing fears moving from scared to sacred!
- Available for questions/support from the beginning of our contract and on-call 24 hours a day 2 weeks prior to the Estimated Due Date & 2 weeks after
- Presence for entirety of labor (as early as we determine you need) with movement, body wisdom and doula comfort measures, aroma & herbal therapy, certified holistic labor massage and acupressure support to help you relax into the process and find your comforts and strengths. I support and hold space for you as a neutral loving witness to your birth process and child's entrance. I've got your back and make sure your needs and desires are met, respected and adhered to so you can let go and labor in love and trust! I keep sacred space for the 'golden hour' and support your needs as you adjust to your new state during initial postpartum transitioning and breastfeeding until you are settled.
- 1 home visit after birth (2-3 hrs.) to reconnect about the event and share our perspectives. I bring a postpartum recovery soup. I give mom a mini-massage (belly warming) and/or reflexology treatment. I also provide support for breastfeeding and other newborn care needs.
A retainer of $800 secures my time around your EDD and opens our line of informational and emotional support. The remainder can be paid at your convenience, but should be paid in-full 2 weeks prior to EDD. Additional services such as massages, specialty pre/postnatal spa services, Dancing for Birth(TM) Infant Massage and other holistic parenting classes are paid separately and can be purchased individually or in a package.
Golden Key Birth Doula Services $2000 includes: everything above plus 2 perinatal specialty spa services; 'Mother Love Boon' (prenatal) & 'Welcome Home' A Mother Warming (postnatal) plus one additional 90 min. maternity massage.
I look forward to keeping birth safe and sacred for you and yours. Thank you.
I provide these services for home births, birthing centers and hospitals. Massage & doula services can be paid for with HSA, FSA & HRA accounts and/or massage can sometimes be reimbursed through your insurance provider.
Please contact me with inquiries/questions of how I can serve you throughout this sacred event.
Fluctuat Nec Mergitur
Tossed by the waves, she does not sink.
(in fact, she can surf them!)
The waves will not overpower you because they are you!
I also provide:
Holistic fertility preparation: Making a conscious choice to welcome your baby gives you opportunity to get to know yourself; your body, cycle, emotions, your spirit, your diet and set your soil to provide a fertile, happy, loving, vibrant uterine sea ~ your baby's first home. It's great to space clear before you bring baby in (though anytime is the right time if you're pregnant already :) Getting in touch with and tuning up your body through holistic massage treatments is a perfect way to open the door for a child and prepare yourself for motherhood/parenthood.