As an LMP, doula and Dancing For Birth(TM) Instructor, I provide kinetic and informational childbirth education and support birth through motion, breathing, massage, rebozo, acupressure, reflexology, and visualizations to honor your body and its' natural processes. You can enjoy pregnancy and have an easier, safer, swifter even euphoric labor and birth experience. Birth is primal, powerful and grounding in that "mother earth is moving and quaking inside my body kind of way" and I can help you soar through that experience loving and trusting deeply.
It is my pleasure to hold sacred space and witness your transition as you open your mind, heart and body to usher your child forth into life on the outside. I provide doula services for home births, birthing centers and hospitals.
I also provide guidance based on my research and trainings with eating a nutrient dense diet, eating cultured pro-biotic foods, using herbs and essential oils for a healthy pregnancy, birth and baby. I provide perinatal massage and specialty spa services 'Mother Love Boon' (prenatal) and 'Welcome Home; A Mother Warming' (postnatal) which can include postpartum binding. You can read about them on my massage services page. I also provide support for Lotus birth care for the placenta and/or cord burning ceremonies. Please inquire if you'd like more information on those practices.
Exceptional wellness care through this period of life is essential! An ounce of prevention/preparation is most worth a pound of cure during this precious time. Maternity massage & doula support have been shown to:
- ease pregnancy/motherhood strains/stresses, increasing health and happiness
- decrease mood disorders
- shorten labor & shift perception from scared to sacred!
- decrease likelihood of medical interventions and Cesarean section births and promote gentle Cesarean should the absolute need arise
- increase VBAC success!
- increase satisfaction with birth experience and motherhood
- increase confidence in parenting and "mother's intuition"
- higher breastfeeding rates
- fewer infant illnesses and more...
Being pregnant and giving birth are times in a woman's life she will always remember. This is also baby's first experience of life on the outside ~ baptism into our world. How we enter this world matters! In pregnancy, as baby's brain cells are forming and gathering, maternal well-being affects the pathways formed. Reducing stress through pregnancy, protecting the birthing process and atmosphere has a positive effect on baby's developing nervous system. Having a constant knowledgeable person present throughout pregnancy and birth who is outside of the traditional friends and family circle is a blessing and a boon.
It is wise to have support and outlets for stress such as:
- Toning & meditative routines like Dancing For Birth(TM) Bodies For Birth and Yoga
- Regular massage and doula support for the childbearing year
Sacred Portal Doula Services $1800 includes: (sliding scale available)
Additional $200 for LaBassine Professional Birth Pool
Additional $300 for Lotus birth support
- Initial meet & greet
- 1 Dancing For Birth(TM) class and 1 Infant Massage class
- 2 prenatal appointments (2-3 hrs. ea) naming your birth principles/priorities and making our plans to welcome your baby. Practicing labor positions and breathing. Externally, assessing and treating your pelvis if necessary as this is the doorway for birth and it's best to know how it's functioning before you aim to use it. Processing any fears (moving from scared to sacred!) and assuring your sensual participation in this powerful event. General birthing information support.
- Available for questions/support by phone and e.mail from the beginning of our contract and on-call 24 hours a day 2 weeks prior to the Estimated Due Date & 2 weeks after.
- Presence for entirety of labor (as early as we determine you need) with movement support - body wisdom and doula comfort measures, aroma & herbal therapy, certified holistic labor massage and acupressure all helping you to soften and open to the process finding your comforts and strengths. I support and hold space for you as a neutral loving witness to your birth process and child's entrance. Birth is primal and powerful and will take all of your focus. I've got your back and make sure your needs and desires are met, respected and adhered to so you can let go, labor in love and trust and soar through the birth process. I keep sacred space for the 'golden hour' and support your needs as you adjust to your new state during initial postpartum transitioning and breastfeeding until you are settled.
- 1 home visit after birth (2-3 hrs) to reconnect about the event and share our perspectives. Mom gets a belly warming abdominal massage and/or reflexology treatment. I also provide support for breastfeeding and other newborn care needs.
A retainer of $800 secures my time around your EDD and opens our line of informational and emotional support. The remainder can be paid at your convenience, but should be paid in-full 2 weeks prior to EDD. Additional services such as massage and body treatments, Dancing for Birth(TM) Infant Massage and other holistic parenting classes are paid separately and can be purchased individually or in a package. (reduced rate for individual massage services and classes for doula clients within our contract period)
Sacred Portal Doula Services $2200
includes: everything above plus 4 bodywork/massage services 90min. each.
I look forward to keeping birth safe, loving and sacred for you and yours. Thank you.
Massage & doula services can be paid for with HSA, FSA & HRA accounts and/or can sometimes be reimbursed through your insurance provider.
Please contact me with inquiries/questions of how I can serve you throughout this sacred life event.
Fluctuat Nec Mergitur
Tossed by the waves, she does not sink.
(in fact, she can surf them!)
The waves will not overpower you because they are you!
I also provide:
Holistic fertility preparation: Making a conscious choice to welcome your baby gives you opportunity to get to know yourself; your body, cycle, emotions, your spirit, your diet and set your soil to provide a fertile, happy, loving, vibrant uterine sea ~ your baby's first home. It's great to space clear before you bring baby in (though anytime is the right time if you're pregnant already :) Getting in touch with and tuning up your body through with fertility priming holistic massage treatments is a perfect way to open the door for a child and prepare yourself for motherhood/parenthood.